Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow...

Sometimes God gives you things that you don't even think to ask for. Because you don't even think they are possible.  And when that happens, it is really, really cool.

If I had known that it could happen, seeing Fleetwood Mac would have been on my bucket list for like....forever.  I am a huge music lover, and if you are not, it's kind of hard for me to explain how big this was for me. Music has always been an important part of my life.  I have always loved songs and lyrics for as long as I can remember.  And I have always loved Fleetwood Mac for as long as I can remember.  The band only recently came back together and announced that they would tour.  I couldn't think of anything more I would want to do in the history of ever than see them. But their DC show date (closest place to us) was on Halloween.  Uh-oh. Mom dilemna.  Be selfish and go to the once in a lifetime concert or take my kids trick or treating?  I mean, let's be real, trick or treating is not that big of a deal.  But my kids are 8 and 11.  How many more trick or treatings do I have?  And Halloween was on a Friday.  Geez, Fleetwood Mac, don't you have kids?  I really did some soul searching (and if you think I am kidding, I am not).  I finally decided that I would feel like a selfish heel if I went to the concert on Halloween.  While I thought it was the right thing to do, it didn't mean I liked it.  We had a great Halloween, in which no one was allowed to listen to Fleetwood Mac, and I moved on. And just like that, as if God took pity on me just out of my sheer sacrifice, Fleetwood Mac announced they would be coming around again.  Even closer...in Charlottesville.  AND...one week before my birthday.  There was no way I was missing this one.  The tickets were purchased in October and I counted down the months until it was time.  I had some of my favorite people in the world going with me and when I tell you I think I was more giddy than on my wedding day, I mean it.  I mean, just look at me.  I was a little ridic.  But the thing about me is, I never hide my joy. And when we were walking there, yeah, I cried.  Because my joy was so overwhelming, my cup runneth over.
I got a golden ticket!
My partners in crime!
I was doing something that I never thought I would get to experience in my life time.  How cool is that? And I didn't even ask for it (although I would have if I had been smarter). When something you only dreamt about all your life comes true, it's pretty amazing.  The memories I have from that night, they are going to be on what I call "the highlight reel".  (you know how you imagine you will see your life flashing before your eyes in your final hours...the highlight reel)  And the songs I heard that night seem to have new meaning and life to me now. Just when I thought I could not love them any more.

Every year as part of of my goals, I list one bucket list item.  Because every year you need to do something big.  Big doesn't have to mean expensive, but it DOES have to mean out of the ordinary.  Why let your life be dull?  Why do the same old thing every year?  Think.  Big.  God can and so should you.  If you have not made a bucket list, you should. This is go crazy, think big, don't work out the details.  Things that you always wanted to do.  You know my stance on this one people, WRITE IT DOWN.  Whatever you do, don't talk yourself out of it.  This isn't the place to say "I could never do that".  And believe me, you can come up with a thousand different reasons why you shouldn't, wouldn't and couldn't. ALL things are possible to those who believe.  Put them on that list and like 

Fleetwood Mac would say...don't stop thinking about tomorrow.  Keep dreaming and planning new projects and experiences.  Plan on growing.  Plan on becoming.  Think you are all grown up?  I hope not.  God is not done with you yet and you shouldn't be either.  Don't be afraid to pray boldly.  Don't limit God in what He can do for you.  And sometimes, He will do things for you that you couldn't even imagine to ask for.  And when you get to do something you always dreamed of...
It. Feels. Amazing.







Dream BIG dreams and prepare to be amazed!
K


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!