Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Here Comes Peter Cottontail...

I am really having a hard time grasping the fact that this weekend is Easter.  It seems so early to me, I am just not ready for it.  But guess what....here comes Peter Cottontail, hoping down the bunny trail, and he really could care less if I am ready for Easter or not.  Selfish rabbit.

We don't do anything really clever on Easter but we do have a traditional egg hunt and Easter dinner. I really love my Easter menu and would like to share it with you, in case you are looking for something new!  I hope you enjoy some of these dishes on Easter or anytime!

Bourbon Glazed Ham
My husband loves ham and often tries to get me to make this for Christmas as well.  I like ham too, but I guess not as much as he does.  At any rate, this ham is delicious, really simply, and delicious.  Oh, I said that already.

Sweet Potato Biscuits
Well, duh....what else does ham need?  These biscuits, I tell you.  I have never quite figured out how to get these guys to rise up like regular biscuits so I just pretend like they are not supposed to.  They are a wonderful compliment to ham, regardless of their height.

Creamed Corn
This is not your canned cream corn.  I didn't even know I liked creamed corn until I tried this recipe. If you try nothing else, try this!  It is absolute heaven.  My niece and I fight over it every year.  I think this recipe originally came from Paula Deen.

Mandarin Spinach Salad
This salad is refreshing and goes great with the ham.  My only complaint is it isn't good the next day (too soggy).  If you plan on having leftovers (and you actually might, this recipe does make a lot of salad!), don't pour the dressing over the whole salad.  Which will be hard.  You're going to want to drink the dressing.  It's that good.

Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
This was a new entry last year.  Make them the day before because they are amazing once the flavors really meld.  I saw this recipe and knew that although we really didn't need any more food, I had to have them. They were everything I hoped they would be.

We usually have wine with dinner but don't be surprised if you see a Peep-tini recipe pop up this weekend on the blog!

Here's hoping that your Easter is nothing less than delicious!

Happy Easter!
K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!