Monday, March 14, 2016

Stitch Fix #3 - The Time I Just Kept It All!

Hey ya'll!  I feel like I have been sick for weeks now, which is a slight exaggeration, but I have been on again/off again.  My school got hit with the flu and hubs and I did not make it under the radar (but the kids did, go figure!).  I am really trying to get myself together this week.  I missed talking to ya'll!  You haven't missed much in my life except me blowing my nose an excessive amount and wearing my pjs...also an excessive amount.

So one thing that helped speed my recovery was....dun dun duuuunnnnn!  THE BOX showed up!  It was super small.  I was like, hey, what up with my box.

But then I opened it and I was loving what was peeking out at me.

Item #1 - Renee C Jerri Polka Dot Pullover Sweater - $64
I mentioned to my stylist that Spring was hit or miss with the weather here and I would still like to get some long sleeve items, even a lightweight sweater.  Well, she delivered.  Aaannnd as soon as I got these pieces, the weather got much cooler.  I didn't even mind because I wanted to wear this stuff! I wore this sweater first.  It is adorable and I am a sucker for all things polka dot.
No, it did not come with a man.  Or a red solo cup.  This is a life action shot.
Verdict:  Kept (obviously. I am wearing it with my man and a red solo cup!)

Item #2 - 4Hawthorn Quay Henley Blouse - $58
I am still yammering about a gingham print blouse and Stephanie Y, new BFF and stylist said she couldn't get one for me, but she found this blouse she thought I would like that was gingham inspired. I did love this blouse!  I thought it was a great work top but she had it paired with jeans and white jeans on my card and it looks pretty cute as a casual outfit too.
Verdict:  Kept (ok, I know I told you I kept everything already.  I just like saying it!)

Item #3 - Skies are Blue McClain Crochet Panel Knit Top - $54
So even though this didn't have color, which my closet so desperately needs, I really liked the top and realistically, it will go with basically everything I own.  AND...it matches the skirt they sent me as well.
Verdict:  Kept

Item #4 - Gilli Nadia Textured Skirt - $58
Love, love, love this skirt!  I love that it is textured, love the colors, love the feel, love the way it looks...love, love, love.
Verdict:  Kept

Item #5 - Pixley Olley Knit Dress - $68
This was the only thing I hesitated on.  And that was because it was a liiiiitttllee too small.  However, I was home in bed when the box came and when I tried the items on, I had on a sports bra (hey, at least I had taken a shower at that point).  When I tried it on again, it fit better with my real bra.  Still a little smaller than I would normally get but I decided to go out on a limb here.  My 12 year old assured me it was "tots adorbs".  I think that is good.
It will also be great when my legs are not as pale as the dress.
Verdict:  Kept

So in keeping the box, I got a 25% discount, which meant I got to keep it all for $206.50.  Hey, it is my birthday this month afterall.

Happy Birthday, Me!
~K




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!