Monday, February 6, 2017

2017 - Recap and Regroup?

February....it's here already.  And just like that, one month of the year is gone.  (and if I don't hurry up and finish this post, this month is gonna be half gone too!)

How ya' doing on your goals?  Haven't set them yet?  Hmmm.... Well, I'm not here to fuss at you but guess what...it's time.  Now it's February and the next thing you know it will be April.  What are you waiting for?  Really.  Just turn off the TV and go to bed 15 mins early.  Take a cup of tea and a notepad with you and snuggle up for some me time.  Spend some time on you.  Think about what you would like to get out of this year.  The fun and the serious.  Refer back to my original post if you need help in how to make this more manageable.  Be Resolute in 2017

So let's say you have set your goals (go you!).  At the end of each month, it's a great time to recap and possibly regroup.  Obviously only one month of the year has gone by.  So hopefully you don't have too much regrouping to do.  Quite possible you haven't gotten started, but you shouldn't have half your list checked off either.  Hopefully you can see where you've taken some steps in the right direction!  Yeah, progress!

My main area that I have been focused on was from my frame:

That covers a lot of ground huh?  (You're telling me, you should see how frustrated I had become!)  There have been several things on my goal list that I felt would help me in this area. One was to start reading for pleasure again.  I have been diligent about going to bed at 9 and giving myself some down time, aka reading time.  I've started making myself a cup of tea and it has really become a ritual.  I have enjoyed this so much, ya'll and it has paid off!  I have read...wait for it...5 books since Jan 1!  Whaaaatttt??  I know, it's crazy, right? I can't believe it my own self. Most importantly, I go to bed in a much more relaxed state.  I have also began meditating in the mornings (I'm up to 7 whole minutes!  woohoo) and I have been making an effort to have date nights with my husband on Saturdays.  All of these things are helping me feel like I am not just working all the time and not having any me time. 

Now, believe me when I tell ya'll that there is a whole page of things that I haven't even gotten to yet. But that is ok.  It IS just February.  But if you haven't yet, write your goal list.  Then just pick something on your list.  Anything.  You can try focusing on a different thing or category each month if you want.  Remember, we said we were going to be purposeful, determined and unwavering in our pursuits for 2017.  Don't let another year get by you!

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!