Thursday, February 11, 2016

Before You Run Out That Door...

I want to share a quickie that our family does that involves the two things I love THE MOST...Jesus and Team Holmes!!

Years ago, and I do mean years ago, we went to Atlanta for vacation.  My oldest had just learned about Martin Luther King Jr in Kindergarten and she was really interested in him.  We decided to head down to "Atlantica" (as my girls called it), to see where he lived and visit his museum.  While on tour of the house where he grew up, the tour guide mentioned that his family always prayed together in the morning.  Hubs and I loved this idea!  We really wanted to start this at home.  But...
this is one of those ideas that sounds good but really.  Our mornings were already a zoo at that time.  I mean don't get me wrong, our mornings really needed some prayer.  But geez, how were we going to add one more thing to the morning?




Somehow we managed to work it in and now it is part of our daily routine, and has been for years. (Funny how things seem impossible to do and the next thing you know, you're doing them!) This prayer is not a long, drawn out affair.  When we are literally ready to walk out the door, we all hold hands and say a quick prayer, asking God to watch over and protect us, to bless us, and whatever else is on our hearts!  It probably takes 1 minute or less.  I love doing this together as a family.  Again, we are Team Holmes. It's us against the world and yeah, we're packing Jesus so you'd better look out.  

See if you can say a quick prayer and bind your family together before you head out into the world. A world that, let's face it, we could all use some protection from these days.

I Say a Little Prayer for You!
K


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!