Thursday, February 25, 2016

March is Coming in Like a Lion

It's the end of February!  And you know what that means!  Yes, Spring is coming.  That's not where I was going with this...time to check in with ya'll on your annual goals.  Don't you dare walk away from this computer.

How is your plan for 2016 coming?  Have you even made one yet?  Not to fear, we are only 2 months into this thing, there is still time.  HOWEVER, stop procrastinating.  That time is now.

Go back and read those last 2 blog posts on making your annual goals (December 29 and January 28) if you need help on how to get started. Most importantly, ask yourself, what do you want to change?  What do you want more of?  What do you want to do more?  What do you wish you'd do less of or stop doing completely?  What would you like to start or learn to do?

Now that you have thought about WHAT you want to do, you need to think about WHY.  Why do you want to work out 3 times a week?  Why do you want to spend more one on one time with your hubby?  Get vested in what you want to do.  It will mean something to you, it will help you reach your goal, and it will make you WANT to do it.

Above all, you've gotta write this down.  I know I sound like a broken record.  You've gotta be able to look at this.  Frequently (at least at the end of each month).  Check in on how you are doing.  You don't want December to roll around and oops...there goes another year.

The one thing I did this month that I am super proud of myself for was in the category of Me.  Now hold on, taking care of myself ain't all about the Stitch Fix.  Here is what I did.  I made appointments with all the doctors I should be seeing on a regular basis but am not.  I would be ashamed to tell you how long it's been (let's just say one had to set me up as a new patient, it had been that long!).  I sat down one day and made three appointments.  Two of them involved me leaving work early.  And man, I struggled with this.  First appointment rolled around and I said "I am going to reschedule it." God bless one of my co-workers who said "Don't".  I am so glad I listened to her (and she wasn't kidding either!) and went on and did it.  The reason I hadn't seen this doctor in 7 years (there, I said it) is for this exact reason. I'll wait for this, I'll wait for that, and the next thing you know, years have passed.  And there you go.  Now I have had all my check-ups and I am happy that I am taking care of myself (and you thought it was all about clothes!)!

Once you write your annual goals down, go after them with a vengeance.  Remember, we said we were going to be FIERCE in 2016!  Get focused.  Go after the changes you want to make.  Take baby steps if you have to.  Start with one small thing on your list.  Make one small step in the direction of doing one thing on that list.  It doesn't have to be a giant leap, but you do have to move.

Bring March in like a Lion!
K







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!