Sunday, February 7, 2016

Dinner And a Movie

It all started with Smokey and the Bandit.  If you can believe that.

I found out my BFF had never seen Smokey and the Bandit and well, I just couldn't live with myself until I rectified the situation.  Who would let their best friend go on in life without having seen Smokey and the Bandit?

So we (hubs and myself and her hubs) decided not only were we going to share this movie with her, we were going to give her a full experience.  Coors Light.  Fried chicken.  Mashed potatoes.  Banana pudding.  She needed to see the movie, and have a dinner that went with it.  And thus, dinner and a movie night was born.

It went from there...everyone found out I hadn't seen The Godfather.  An Italian dinner and red wine joined the movie.  Someone hadn't seen Jaws...seafood and flaming Dr. Peppers ensued.  You get the picture.  It's kind of like seeing the movie in 3D when you're eating food that goes with it.  We always enjoyed these nights so much and felt like each one outdid the last.  But unfortunately, we stopped doing it.  It's funny how life sometimes gets in the way of doing the things you enjoy.  

At the end of 2015, BFF and I agreed that dinner and a movie needed to make a come back.  We sat down and set dates for once a month for the entire year.  Sound crazy?  Well she and I both know if it's on the books, it's gonna happen.  Just like I have to schedule date nights, we gotta schedule double date nights.

We are still going with movies we (at least someone in the group) have never seen.  There is an endless supply of "top 100 movies you have to see" lists out there.  But you can easily do this with one of your favorite movies of all time or just a movie that you can pair with a fun dinner.  The possibilities are endless!

So do you want to know what our first dinner and a movie was for 2016?  This time it was me...I have never seen Pulp Fiction.  And boy, did our friends not disappoint.  We had diner food - delicious cheeseburgers and fries. And milkshakes with bourbon.  Da-lish-us!!  My girl even gave me a hint on what to wear.

Show your love to your friends. Getting together with another couple doesn't mean you have to go out and spend a lot of money.  Dine in and make it something fun!  You can even cook together if you want!  It's all about spending time together and having a good time!  Do something different!


Enjoy dinner AND a show!
K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!